The Dalai Lama Versus Leftist Lunacy

As a white kid blessed with a liberal education, I was enriched by a multicultural middle school curriculum. Besides coming to grips with my inherent white male wickedness, I was taught to appreciate the wisdom of non-Christian religions. Along with organizing a visit to a black Muslim mosque, my middle school also invited a middle-aged white female bodyguard of the Dalai Lama (yes, you read that right!) to speak in front of the entire student body. In case Buddhism’s noble qualities weren’t made apparent, the film Little Buddha was shown in class for good measure.

Of course, I never became a Buddhist, but during my younger days I still couldn’t help but admire Buddhism. After all, it has everything a good white liberal likes: a belief in nonviolence, a condemnation of materialism, and most importantly, the moderation of the Middle Way. In fact, as far as major religions/spiritualities go, I believe Buddhism gets the best press in the West – the occasional report on butchered Rohingya notwithstanding. Hinduism also gets off pretty easy, though it’s harder to take Hindus as seriously given goofy sitcom characters like Apu from The Simpsons. So Buddhism it is!

However, it turns out that beneath all the lofty rhetoric about compassion and “oneness,” the typical non-white realism resides in the Buddhist brain. At the bare minimum, no less than the Dalai Lama seems to look at open borders and Western multiculturalism askance; why else would he claim that there are too many refugees in Germany? This passage says it all (emphasis mine):

“Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country,” he said with a laugh, according to AFP, which quoted from an interview the spiritual leader gave to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, a German newspaper. “Germany is Germany. There are so many [refugees] that in practice it becomes difficult.”

Obviously, this harrowed the usual suspects. Al Jazeera‘s Mehdi Hasan lamented the Dalai Lama’s endorsement of “far right” talking points, while The Independent decried his “casual xenophobia.” Just like that, it appears everyone’s favorite Buddhist has now morphed into an enabler of nasty nationalism.

Despite Mehdi Hasan’s claims, there is nothing nasty or uniquely “far right” about opposing the rapid influx of radically different peoples. Unless the Dalai Lama is a fascist in disguise, he alone demonstrates that white nationalists aren’t the only ones who view multiculturalism with a critical eye; and he’s just the tip of the iceberg. One of this blog’s recurring arguments – which I will continue to hammer home – is that Alternative Right beliefs deemed “extreme” by liberal Western standards are just simple common sense for most of the planet’s “people of color.” While they strategically espouse liberal views in Western countries where they’re minorities, non-whites are instinctively conservative and reject Anglosphere style liberalism.

Now, just to be clear, this isn’t to say that non-whites are heartless reptiles. However, their notions of tolerance differ from the fruity beliefs of white liberals. As Dota told me during a recent conversation, most non-whites believe in benevolence while eschewing gratuitous compassion. In other words, while many non-white societies grant minorities religious and cultural rights, there’s still no question that the majority group is in charge. Minorities are often tolerated and left in peace, but must be mindful of their place. There’s certainly no quixotic belief that all cultures are equal.

That’s why, despite all the puzzlement and handwringing, I don’t think there’s any real contradiction between the Dalai Lama’s compassion and his belief that Europe should regulate its borders. Just because we are all human doesn’t mean that all humans are interchangeable, or that disparate groups of people will peacefully share the same space. Anyone not blinded by liberal idiocy – that is, most people in the world – would have predicted that welcoming over a million Arabs into a white European country such as Germany was (is) bound to yield disastrous results.

But it didn’t have to be this way. Despite feeling the refugees’ pain, the Dalai Lama rightly argues that the best solution is to rebuild their countries of origin. Ultimately, that will be a win-win for everyone; refugees/migrants won’t have to contend with hostility and cultural alienation in a strange land, and native Europeans won’t be alienated by the presence of aliens – many of whom flagrantly disrespect their host countries.

While there is always room for kindness, most people in the world don’t let untrammeled compassion compel them to swing an axe at their own feet. If the Dalai Lama of all people can recognize this, then wimpy whites have no excuse for failing to see the obvious. That’s why, believe it or not, I intend to take white liberals at their word when they insist that they’re the most informed and enlightened people on the planet. To paraphrase Marco Roboto Rubio, we need to stop pretending that white liberals are simply misguided weenies who don’t know what they’re doing. They know exactly what they’re doing!

There’s a word for people who consciously sabotage their own group: traitors. It’s time to start calling a spade a spade.

This entry was posted in American Pathologies, Asia, Cultural Marxism, Immigration, Subversion, Tribalism, Wimpy Whites and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Dalai Lama Versus Leftist Lunacy

1. Gay State Girl says:

I don’t recall ever visiting a mosque. We just had to perform a Native American spirit ceremony each day in Fourth Grade. If that doesn’t cross the line of separation between Church and State, I don’t know what does.

2. Gay State Girl says:

I’ve reached a point that I don’t mind disproportionate criticism of Israel in comparison to non western imperial projects since Israel is so prevalent in regards to foreign policy etc. I do take issue with the Anti Zionist movement or even the Alt Right Anti Zionists (to a lesser degree) portraying Sephardim and Mizrahim as victims of the AshkeNAZI Elite while overlooking Sephardic/Mizrahi racism towards Arabs and Africans (including Ethiopian Jews) and also overlooking Sephardic/Mizrahi prevalence within the 18th and 19th century British elite, Sephardic involvement in the Transatlantic Slave Trade, and Sephardic/Mizrahi involvement in European Colonialism (Disraeli, Montefiore, Sasson and Kadoori dynasties were all of Sephardi or Mizrahi origin) and Judah Benjamin secretary of Confederacy.

3. Beatrix says:

“Despite feeling the refugees’ pain, the Dalai Lama rightly argues that the best solution is to rebuild their countries of origin. Ultimately, that will be a win-win for everyone; refugees/migrants won’t have to contend with hostility and cultural alienation in a strange land, and native Europeans won’t be alienated by the presence of aliens – many of whom flagrantly disrespect their host countries.”

I’ll admit that I’m not as informed as I probably should be. (It’s primarily because I’m so bored & disgusted with what’s going on in the world now.) BUT why does this not seem to even being discussed nor even considered an option by the powers that be & the media?

Because that would undo the whole “invade the world, invite the world” paradigm. Our elites wouldn’t like that one bit.

4. GOHDAN says:

I wonder why people even bother with life. If everything we do is because of our biology, then we may as well just kill ourselves en masse. I’m prepared for death, as I wouldn’t even know I existed after I die — I will cease to exist — but I wouldn’t go out of my way to kill myself. I’ve tried to “develop” my capability for “free will”, but I always seem to return back to the direction I tried moving myself away from. Nothing is really worth fighting for — those things that were developed, which we all cherish and love, was most likely done for some underlying genetic reason. No one really does anything because they really want to. There have been studies that show that most people’s brains make a decision 3-5 seconds before a “conscious” decision is made. What does this tell us? Humans are still backwards, primitive animals with no self-control and basically live on their instincts.

• GOHDAN says:

BAG, why do you bother with this website when you’re most likely aware that nothing can really change as people lack free will? The same goes for you too, Dota. You guys may as well live for yourselves, no one is worth living for and fighting for.

There is plenty worth fighting for: friends, family, tribe, nation, etc.

While humans may indeed be glorified animals compelled to behave a certain way due to genetic impulses, we still have reason (despite often being irrational) and free will (to some extent); there’s a reason why humans, and not other species, built advanced civilizations.

I think the reason you feel a certain existential hopelessness is because of the profound sense of anomie that is currently plaguing Western – particularly North American – societies. When people are nothing more than atomized individuals, it’s hard to feel a sense of purpose.

One of the reasons why I blog, in addition to improving my writing, is to remind people that there are causes worth fighting for – causes that require a collective spirit.

5. Raja Hindustani says:

I am Indian and all I can say is this post is 100% true. So true that many Indians themselves cannot understand this lunacy. For example take this debate on Brexit on an Indian news TV chanel. Most of the Indians in India supported Brexit and were of the opinion Britain should remain British. The Marxist Indian girl sitting with that old guy Lord Desai obviously opposed Brexit.