Cracks in the Leftist Coalition

Being an alt righter who lives in the Bay Area, I’ve spent most of my life alienated from liberals. It’s not like I’ve suffered ostracism or anything that severe; code switching has definitely served me well. Rather, I always felt like I was being crushed by weight of liberal lunacy – a lunacy that would consume the entire country in due time. For a while, such pessimism sure as hell seemed warranted. The twin forces of liberal cultural dominance and demographic changes made the triumph of liberal lunacy appear all but inevitable.

Good thing I was wrong! As I’ve argued before, far from being ascendant, liberals (along with SJWs and neoliberals) are rapidly becoming an endangered species. You’d think that now is the time for a dying sect to engage in some critical introspection – and the worst time to pick fights with potential allies. But unlike the supposedly ignorant white peasants they smugly deride, today’s liberals just don’t seem to know what’s best for them. That’s why they’ve alienated left-leaning Bernie Sanders supporters at every turn. Whether it’s employing the”Bernie Bro” slander, decrying the “privilege” of Berners who refuse to vote for Crooked Hillary, or what progressive blogger Matt Bruenig described as “get off my lawn!” politics, identitarian liberals are pissing on the very people whose votes they’ll desperately need come November.

Speaking of Matt Bruenig, he was recently cast aside by his former employer Demos. His crime? Mixing it up with Hillary Hags Joan Walsh and Neera Tanden. I know I’m a bit late to the party, but I think there are a few important takeaways here.

The controversy engendered by this tiff lays bare the bitter divisions that are currently plaguing the left – divisions that will only endure following this turbulent campaign season. Just like the North in Game of Thrones, Berners will remember; they won’t so easily forget the various insults and calumnies emanating from Camp Hillbot. They also won’t forget the shameless venality of so-called “journalists” who zealously defend a rotten status quo. On the flip side, judging by their aggressive attacks against a once marginal “socialist,” Democratic apparatchiks (and their SJW sycophants) will fight tooth-and-nail to retain their privileged status.

Since we’re talking about privilege, I strongly believe that “privilege” discourse and cultural leftism will become casualties of this election. As I pointed out in my article about Rodrigo Duterte, white conservatives and alt righters aren’t the only ones who despise SJW types; now the Jacobin crowd also loathes liberal identitarians. What makes 2016 different from 2008-2012 is that the populist left can no longer be easily placated. The bullshit economic “recovery” and the rise of Bernie Sanders – which has put Social Democracy on the table for the first time in decades – means that economic progressives will no longer tolerate identitarian “incrementalists.” It also doesn’t help that Hillary Clinton lacks Barack Obama’s charisma and appeal to young people.

hillary-clinton-how-do-you-do

At the end of the day, regardless of how this election plays out, we are in for some very interesting times. As the rainbow alliance collapses, millions of alienated and frustrated individuals – particularly young white men – will look for new movements to join. This is where the Alternative Right comes in. By combining the best of Pat Buchanan and Ralph Nader (or the best of Bernie and the Donald), I am convinced the the Alternative Right can bring many more passionate young white people into the fold.

Now is the perfect time to exploit these cracks in the leftist coalition.

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Economics, Feminism, Politics, Tribalism, White nationalism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Cracks in the Leftist Coalition

1. Ezra Pound says:

I’ve taken the liberty of correcting the typo in the last paragraph: “Now is the perfect time to exploit these crackas in the leftist coalition.”

I remember I once coined (as far as I know) the term “Castrated Cracker” on Robert Lindsay’s blog years ago. Perhaps I should use it more often!

2. Gay State Girl says:

I don’t know. Bernie Sanders and Ralph Nader engaged in plenty of Race baiting. I was disappointed.

How exactly has Sanders engaged in race baiting? I know that in response to his dismal performance in Southern states – where black voters dominate Democratic primaries – he dismissively wrote off the South as “conservative” and claimed he’d just win elsewhere. Many liberal apparatchik pundits deemed that an attack on black voters.

Do you have other examples in mind?

There was also his comment about how whites don’t know what it’s like to grow up in the ghetto, which was cringeworthy.

• Gay State Girl says:

I had that in mind. And he is also going out of his way too court BLM as well as making it a priority to meet with Al Sharpton.

Ralph Nader most famously accused Obama of being “too white” back in 2008, though I feel he would have made a better candidate than Bernie as he had a more mature campaign platform.

3. Gay State Gigl says:

Gay Area Guy

What do the enlightened Alt Right plan to do with the skinhead masses within their movement?

Hard to say. On the one hand, they’ll openly disavow such crude and extreme bigotry. At the same time, they won’t completely repudiate skinhead types who comprise the rank and file of the white nationalist movement.

After all, every movement needs shock troopers and cannon fodder. The left has its online SJWs, Hillary’s campaign has its paid army of trolls, and the Alt Right has its skinheads.

As Lord Tywin in A Storm of Swords once put it, “every lord has need of a beast from time to time.”

I don’t condone aggressive skinhead violence and hate crimes; I also feel like they hate the wrong people. At the same time, given that SJWs have legions of agitators who aggressively down their enemies, the Alt Right needs its own version of that. I envision a group of disciplined, tough (but not truculent) alt righters who prevent SJWs at places like DePaul from shutting down the likes of Milo.

• Gay State Girl says:

I was particularly concerned as they undermine the seriousness of the movement, and only provide for SJWs and neocons.