Insanity and Western Decay

The peculiar quality of insanity is that it has a tendency of sneaking up on you. You seldom realize you have been ambushed and you almost never realize that your new course takes you over the edge of a cliff. Insanity works its magic on societies in the same manner as it does individuals, the only difference being that the disastrous outcomes are multiplied a thousand fold. How does a society recognize that it has contracted this nefarious affliction? The short answer is that it doesn’t; it takes the observation of an outsider to point this out. Bay Area Guy is essentially correct when he says that Anglo liberal beliefs are a minority in the global context; and nowhere is this more obvious than in fat acceptance, which is often re-packaged as “body-positive” attitudes.

Packaged insanity ready for mass consumption.

Packaged insanity ready for mass consumption.

There is certainly no wrong way to have a body, except that certain bodies are more prone to heart and kidney disease. In no other culture in the world is female self esteem elevated above good health and common sense. There is no other culture on this planet that indulges women’s frivolous grievances to such an absurd degree. My friend Robert Lindsay (perhaps the last sane leftist) quite rightly pointed out that North American society is currently ruled by ‘Female thinking.’ For only the mind of a woman would deem reasonable that society alter its beauty paradigm instead of obese women going on a diet.

Another example of western lunacy is the Canadian (Liberal) government’s decision to absorb 10k Syrian refugees during a severe economic recession. Japan, Korea, and the Gulf Arab states must be shaking their heads in disbelief as the fruity Canadians rush to assist others while ignoring the beam in their own eye.

On another (but parallel note) a Pakistani friend of mine was astounded when I informed him that little boys are often doped up on Ritalin to pacify them. “No wonder white kids appear so subdued!” he exclaimed, “Why would parents do this?!” I informed him that since feminism pathologizes masculinity, the high energy antics of little boys is perceived to be an illness (ADHD) that must be treated. Neither of us had encountered the term “ADHD” while growing up in Asia and society was content to let boys be boys. “This is child abuse! This is insane” he cried out. Eloquently put.

Make no mistake, outsiders have noticed that there is something deeply wrong with the West today. My Dad is currently visiting and requested that I join him for Friday prayers at the local mosque. As a non practicing Muslim, I hadn’t visited the mosque in years and generally keep my distance from wahabis (for their safety not mine). However, this visit proved to be rather illuminating. The khutbah (sermon) was centered around the usual emphasis on ritual piety (especially since Ramadan is around the corner) but concluded with a warning that Muslims must insulate themselves from the damaging effects of society around them.

I have long been a proponent of assimilation but who can blame these Muslims for not wishing to assimilate into the toxic cesspool that is contemporary Western culture? There seems very little left of the civilization that ruled the world 200 years ago and dragged the Orient out of ignorance and illiteracy. From Hellenization to Atatürk’s reforms, the Orient has followed the Occident due to the latter’s cultural and technological superiority. There was naturally a time when the West trailed behind China and Islam, but that is part of a past that seems no longer relevant.

Today, however, the non-Western world no longer encourages its people to follow Western ways. The common perception is that barbarism gives way to civilization which then devolves into decadence. Is insanity the next step on this downward trajectory? More importantly, is barbarism preferably to insanity? Let’s analyze this a bit further. What is the difference between barbarism and insanity? Quite a bit actually. Barbarism has a certain logic about it. Nobody would dispute that the traditional cultures of South Asia and Afghanistan are barbaric, and yet, they produce healthy societies with reasonably happy people. Indian society does a fantastic job constraining female hypergamy and Afghanistan would never tolerate blue haired feminists running amok and defecating over their culture and religion.

While barbaric societies tend to be static, un-evolving, and stifling, insane societies tend to be self destructive and in a state of rapid decay. Perhaps this is why some people in the alternative right and manosphere believe that the future belongs to Islam (although China is a more realistic candidate). I am not advocating for barbarism here, I’m merely making a general observation as food for thought. It is preferable to reform the current system from within instead of waiting for the apocalypse to sweep away the current paradigm.

I cannot get the film “Planet of the Apes” out of my mind as I conclude this post. The apes supplanted humans not because the former were superior to the latter, but because the humans ultimately declined. This should be kept in mind when appreciating the rise of the Orient.

This entry was posted in American Pathologies, Asia, China, Cultural Marxism, Feminism, Hinduism, India, Islam, Middle East and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Insanity and Western Decay

1. guy from Montréal says:

A few months ago I stopped coming here because new posts weren’t being added, Dota and BAG I’m so glad to see you guys are back doing what you do so well, keep up the good work.

I acknowledge that there have been times where we’ve been in the doldrums, but I certainly intend to keep the blog going strong.

Great to have you back!

Thanks very much GFM. I am around, it’s just that a couple of business ventures have kept me pretty busy. It’s good to have old friends like you back.

2. guy from Montréal says:

My pleasure.

3. Raja Hindustani says:

The West was great until Hitler lost and Cultural Marxism became paramount.

Hitler ruined the west. His actions paved the way for the creation of Israel and left the west so demoralized that it succumbed to cultural Marxist rot.

4. Beatrix says:

“The common perception is that barbarism gives way to civilization which then devolves into decadence.”
    That’s what has happened in every Islamic state that has been on the planet.

“For only the mind of a woman would deem reasonable that society alter its beauty paradigm instead of obese women going on a diet.”
    Interesting. Just read a recent literature review on dietary treatments of obesity. It would seem that no current or past “dietary treatment” of obesity in results in longterm weight loss of more than 10 lbs after 5 yrs. (The review covered “dietary treatments” from 1933 to present) Why suggest going on a diet if it obviously doesn’t work? I suppose we could just keep blaming the patient for failed diets, although that seems a bit “insane” to keep repeating something that’s obviously failed. Perhaps it’s time to try something else? How ’bout pushing some exercise? Build some muscle & you’ll burn more calories even when just sitting around. Seem frivolous? I’m always amazed at the popularity of diets with both the general public & medical professionals when they’ve been proven ineffective for so many years. I can kind of understand the “fat acceptance” folks when they’ve been told so many lies by both medical professionals & the diet industry for so many years. I don’t think demonizing fat folks nor putting them on a diet helps, Dota. Not sure if the “fat acceptance” is really a great thing but I can understand their frustration. Another point, go to your local hospital & walk through the cardiac & kidney wards- take a look around and you won’t see many fat people. Why is that? 40% of diabetics aren’t obese either. Time for a rethink I say. Whatever we’re doing isn’t working & hasn’t been working for a long time. Maybe we should search for something that “works,” as in “longterm.”

My vote’s with China. The Islamic world is hell bent on self destruction & just as insane as the West with all it’s tribal nuttiness.

I’m not demonizing fat people at all. I think it’s cruel to continuously attack obese people because ultimately they don’t want to be obese. They are suffering as well. The idea is to motivate them to better themselves.

And you are reading too deeply into my diet comment. My point was that in our insane society, women are now actually discouraged from losing weight.

• Beatrix says:

“The idea is to motivate them to better themselves.”
        Dota, what does that mean?
        Do you think obesity is a moral problem?
        If studies have proven diets don’t work and medical professionals (and the multi million $ diet industry) keep telling obese people to diet – isn’t that insane?
        Western societies praise & adulate women for losing weight vehemently & then condemn them when they inevitably gain it back.

At any rate I doubt it’s blue haired lesbians & obese fat accepting women that are causing the decay in Western societies but rather the obsession with consumerism. I certainly wouldn’t call the “traditional” societies of South Asia & Afghanistan healthy nor happy either. Nasty, brutish, and short is the norm around here, you know that.

Now that you mention, obesity might be the symptom of moral decay. “Sloth” “vice” and “gluttony” come to mind. When an obese person decides to lose weight, they make more than a resolution; they pledge to make lifestyle choices: cycle instead of drive, stairs, instead of elevators. I used the term diet as tongue in cheek, just to make a point. Losing weight and regaining health sounds like improvement to me.

Ofcourse I know it, I’ve been writing about it for years. The point is that they are stagnant societies incapable of advancing. However, Western societies are declining. Stagnation is preferable to decline I would think. It’s sad that Western civilization has been reduced to this.

5. Beatrix says:

Dota,
    “Ofcourse I know it, I’ve been writing about it for years.”

But you write this:
    “Nobody would dispute that the traditional cultures of South Asia and Afghanistan are barbaric, and yet, they produce healthy societies with reasonably happy people.”

Help me to understand you. Only the very few at the top of stagnated societies are happy people. That ain’t a healthy society by my reckoning.

I believe you used the term diet because you were not aware diets were not effective in the treatment of obesity. Are you aware that the “beauty paradigm” as it pertains to women has been regularly altered throughout history by the whims of culture, art, and fashion. The long legged, buxom, muscularly toned, chemically blonded woman was not the epitome of beauty as recently as 75 yrs ago. I guess I could make snide comments like “only the mind of a man” would be so clueless as to make such unreasonable assumptions but I won’t go there. I know we’re all enculturated & encouraged to think dieting works but it doesn’t. We don’t even really know what a “healthy” weight is in the medical community right now. Regaining health doesn’t look to be a given if obese folks lose weight too, weird huh? Makes me wonder what’s really going on. I know you’re sold on the rather antiquated notion of “obesity is a disease of lifestyle” but there’s a lot of evidence pointing to the contrary. I’m sure you’re not interested in discussing that. I’m interested in what works.

As far as the decline of Western societies go- My dad (a WWII vet & survivor of the Battle of Midway) used to say the US reached it’s peaked in 1967 & Viet Nam was the beginning of the end. I’m not old enough to recall Viet Nam but Reagan was the beginning of the end by my reckoning. At any rate, there’s more to it than blaming ‘female thinking’ or feminism for Western civilization’s decline. To tell you the truth this blog is getting a little repetitive to that end. We have enough blaming & shaming & Matt Forneys & Donald Trumps & finger pointing & pointless nonsense going on in the US right now. Geez, it’s getting to be as bad as India in that regard. Stupidity and insanity are often conflated. What’s going on in the US now is just stupid. Maybe we’re just too intractably stupid to advance? Or this is the inevitable result of advancement? Reagan’s gutting the public education system certainly didn’t help. (Feminists nor “female thinking” did not put Reagan in power. I have it on good authority Nancy Reagan was a shape shifting reptilian illuminati, and now she’s Ann Coulter.)

Any society that lacks a stable family structure is ultimately doomed. The health of any society rests upon the family unit. Stagnant societies can be healthy, but are unlikely to produce advanced civilizations. Western societies are currently declining, ie they are not remaining where they are, they are actually deteriorating.

No. I said it because I knew a statement like that would trigger retards on reddit and fstdt.com. The point, however, stands. Rather than improving themselves, they’d rather that society accommodate them. I can understand middle aged people putting on some weight due to a slowing metabolism, but there is no excuse for people in their 20s and 30s to be obese. If a supremely lazy guy like me can stay in shape, so can others.

Women aren’t the only ones to blame, but their part in the decline of Western civilization is significant. They obliterated the family unit, the incubator of culture and morality. Women do not care about country, language, heritage, or religion. Women ultimately only care about women, and history will not judge Western women kindly.

• Beatrix says:

Dota,
        1) Name one society that hasn’t ultimately declined.

2) “If a supremely lazy guy like me can stay in shape, so can others.”
        You are making the incredibly invalid assumptions that-
        a) You are in shape? Just because you are thin or of normal weight does not infer that you are automatically healthier than those whom are deemed overweigh.
        b) That human beings are clones & the same ‘treatment’ for any given illness will work for all humans. There are broadly 5 different types of drugs available for treating hypertension available today- thiazide diuretics, calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor antagonists (ARBs), and beta blockers. They all work to treat hypertension in different manners. Why do we need 5 different classes of drugs (and the myriad of different moieties contained therein)? Because even though we’re treating the same disease (hypertension) the same drug does not work for hypertension all humans. From this example alone we can safely conclude that HUMANS ARE NOT CLONES and the same treatment does not predictably give the same results in humans.

3) “Women ultimately only care about women, and history will not judge Western women kindly.” Oh Dota, it’s like you never left India sometimes. Like most people in today’s Western societies women care only about themselves, as do men. We’ve lost that “We’re all in this together” spirit that was so admirable during WWII and the Great Depression. The overly indulged & therefore rather bratty Baby Boomers are responsible for this with their “me” generation that ultimately devolved into abject greed & selfishness.

Absolutely. Funny thing is, even I would be willing to overlook the Boomers’ improprieties, if it weren’t for the fact that they hypocritically bash Millennials. Say what you will about my generation, but we’re not the architects of the West’s decay.

• Beatrix says:

BAG,
        I’m a Gen Xer, one of the “Lost Generation” who probably bore more the brunt of Baby Boomer excesses than yours is.
        I rather like the Millennials. Yes, there are a few of them who are sitting on their butts crying because they don’t have all the opportunities handed to them & it’s OOOOOO so much harder to even just “get by” now. And unfortunately I do get bashed by Millennials with their rampant ageism by being mistakenly lumped in with the baby Boomers. (I can fully agree with their dislike of the Boomers, but lay off us Gen Xers, there aren’t many of us but we’re more like Millennials than you might think.) But I see so many Millennials making their own world, creating completely new careers & opportunities, and rejecting this “me, me, me” consumeristic crap being constantly shoved on them.
        Us Gen Xers are all either suiciding now due to too much boohooing over the lack of opportunity in our time or retiring into obscurity after their careers & being sick of hearing their peers whine about the lack of opportunities (I fall into the latter party if you are wondering).

• Gay State Girl says:

It’s best to ignore the manosphere and let them rant about women. I generally supported the MRM overall and it resonated with me on a personal level (my uncle married a Bulgarian model and she poisoned him for his life insurance policy) and I was willing to put up with bitch bashing for a while. But I lost taste with them when they adopted their very own “Save the Children” campaign, claiming children were being thrown under the bus along with men, when in reality modern western wimen slave away so they can provide their little monsters with the latest tech toys and other goodies. But there more absurdities like this.

This is a especially absurd in light of the fact that women also led the campaign for censorship of rap music and other degenerate subcultures and go out of their way to shelter their children from the real world.

• GOHDAN says:

I lkie how Beatrix — the female that she is — claims that not all women are like that (NAWALT) but like every other women can never accept that women are at least partly responsible for the shit that occured in the past few decades in the West. Women always deflect and always place the responsibility and blame on to men (or something else) if they’re caught or blamed for doing something wrong..

• GOHDAN says:

The Boomer generation was responsible for unleashing women into sections of society they previously had limited influence on — or were barred completely from entering. It’s no coincidence that the subsequent generation is also known as the “Lost Generation”. The future of White america will either resemble that of Japan or the African American community if females continue to have their way. When the West does fall — it definitely will — future generations will never make the same mistakes: the greatest mistake of all was giving females the same rights and responsibilities as men.

Neither one of the authors should back down to Beatrix. I’ve always found it amusing how men seem to lose their minds and struggle to respond and counter whenever they find themselves arguing or debating with a female. Dota just wrote an article on the importance of “never backing down”, but as soon as a bitch arrives he seems unable to defend his own position effectively. Why is this? I’ve never had this problem, but other men seem to struggle mentally when fighting or debating with female. This isn’t an attack against one of the authors — I’m just interested in why this always seems to be the case.

I’ve held my own and even flamed numerous women during debates on various blogs. Beatrix is an old friend of ours, as is Gay State Girl (who has crush on me but refuses to admit it). I don’t need to add anything else to what I’ve already said. Beatrix is missing the point about personal accountability by deconstructing the effectiveness of dieting. Both me and BAG agree that attacking obese people ala Roosh is counterproductive and mean spirited. However, fat acceptance seeks to re-define the beauty paradigm and shame men for not complying with what Rollo calls ‘The feminine Imperative.’ We’re not down with that.

• GOHDAN says:

There’s no such thing as personal accountability or free will. The human brain makes a decision 3-5 seconds before a “conscious” decision is made. Also, the “brain’s” decision is also highly influenced by genes, so humans pretty much lack all self-control and follow the subconscious decisions of their brains.

6. Bay Area Guy says:

Here’s my two cents regarding obesity, dieting, fat acceptance, etc.

Having studied nutrition for some time, I’ve come to conclude that it’s not so much how much you eat but what you eat; a calorie is not a calorie.

The problem with Americans is that they constantly gorge on empty shit like candy, soda, cookies, and other sugary items (as well as other empty carbs) that keep you coming back for more. There’s also a lot of ignorance regarding what constitutes good eating, as many Americans are terrified of fatty foods; yet fatty foods are in many ways actually better for you when it comes to losing weight.

For example, let’s say you consume a 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger. Sure, you don’t want to eat too many of them, but a bacon cheeseburger will actually satisfy your appetite for a while. Likewise, nuts like cashews – with very high fat contents – are some of the healthiest things you can possibly eat.

Regarding carbs, not all carbs are equal either. I lay off of most carbs, but I have a penchant for popcorn. Popcorn does, however, have a decent amount of fiber, which many Americans don’t consume enough of. If you need some carbs to give you energy during work or before hitting the gym, go for high fiber popcorn over crap like cheetos any day.

Going on a crazy diet won’t work, because your body has a certain set of “points” that it will try to maintain. Therefore, trying to lose too much weight in too short of a time once will fuck up your body’s equilibrium, and in some cases make you gain more weight in the long run.

That being said, by making several little day-to-day changes – laying off of sugar (especially sugary drinks), substituting filling meals for empty cards, consuming more fiber, hitting the gym, drinking a glass of milk rather than a protein shake after a workout, etc – people can slowly but surely lose weight. It’s a long process, but those “points” can be reset in due time. Rome wasn’t built in a day either. I refuse to believe the claim that most obesity is genetic, given that the American obesity explosion occurred during the past few decades – which is not enough time for human genes to evolve.

Re: Fat Acceptance

The way I see it, if fat women are just doing their thing and trying to live their lives in peace, then I see absolutely no reason to deride them; that would be gratuitous and cruel. However, when I see fat women demanding that society alter its beauty standards and find them attractive, that’s where I draw the line.

Just imagine if a bunch of shy, socially challenged, marginally employed, short bald men demanded that women find guys like them attractive. In other words, imagine if women were deemed shallow for not finding a neurotic man like George Costanza attractive.

Women would rightly decry such absurd demands. That’s how we men feel about fat acceptance.

If you look at the photo, you’ll also see everything that’s wrong with the American diet: chips and soda. If he ate fried chicken instead, he’d be better off.

• Beatrix says:

BAG-
        “I’ve come to conclude that it’s not so much how much you eat but what you eat; a calorie is not a calorie.”
        Bravo! All recent studies I’ve been perusing have shown that sugar and simple carbs are harmful and really has no place in human diets.
        Now, what do we do about the last two decades that have been spent demonizing fat in the diet with copious advertisements and gov’t endorsement that ‘fat free’ foods loaded with sugar are the way to becoming slim & trim? What a joke the “food pyramid” was eh?

“I refuse to believe the claim that most obesity is genetic, given that the American obesity explosion occurred during the past few decades – which is not enough time for human genes to evolve.”
        3 points-
        1) We’ve also gotten taller as a nation in the last few decades. How do you explain that?

2) Humans are not clones from some hitherto unknown genetic engineering lab. I will refer you to the above discussion on hypertension tx & the variety of treatments necessary to effectively treat the ailment.

3) There have always been fat and skinny Americans and people worldwide. There will always be fat and skinny people worldwide. Granted the majority will be of a certain weight deemed ‘normal.’ If you look at pictures of Americans previous to WWII you will see a lot of emaciated (and unhealthy) and very thin people. I was speaking to an “old timey” doctor in Louisiana about this. He pointed out that due to low sanitation throughout the US prior to WWII a great many Americans suffered severe to moderate parasite infestations (hookworms, tapeworms, etc) – this caused severe anemia, emaciation, and early death. (Yes, prior to WWII estimates as high as 40% of Americans did not have toilets.) Tuberculosis was also rampant and caused long term wasting called ‘consumption’ due to lack of antibiotics. Women suffering “consumption”/TB were considered beautiful during Victorian times due to their extreme thinness and pale skin. Nutrient deficiencies such as ‘rickets’ and anemia so severe it would send victims into heart failure was not uncommon either.
        Much has changed in the last 70 yrs.

“Re: Fat Acceptance Just imagine if a bunch of shy, socially challenged, marginally employed, short bald men demanded that women find guys like them attractive.”
        I don’t think “fat acceptance” is limited to women, I saw men in an ad for their movement.
        The point is that people are going to try to tell you what you should like and what your self worth should be based on whatever arbitrary & asinine parameters they deem worthy. Add to this the 21st century necessity to fervently market oneself and differentiate one’s niche to “get ahead” or even just survive and BOOM you have the never ending clamor for attention you see today.
        Fat acceptance doesn’t bother me, I’d rather the obese do that than constant self loathing which leads to depression & usually more eating. I’m sure they really don’t want to be fat and in reality we haven’t given them any effective option to lose weight.

• GOHDAN says:

“Ummm, I don’t know what planet you’ve been living on but I’ve had men with short, bald, fat, skinny, marginally employed, socially retarded, and a multitude of other issues demand that I find them attractive all my life.
        “I’ve had men tell me that they would never even consider dating me because I make too much money. own 2 houses, and have (or had) a prestigious job.
        “I’ve had men tell me they’d love to marry me so they could realize their financial dreams and desired lifestyle of owning 2 houses, a boat, and 7 luxury vehicles with a trophy wife whom has a prestigious job.”

A female responding in a female kind of way — they all lack originality. Instead of accepting that the fat acceptance movement is largely made up of females demanding something ridiculous, she deflects and points out the (very few) men in the movement and the men in her own life (she lacks any kind of evidence) who only wanted her for what she had. From what I’ve read about Beatrix’s life that she mentioned in her other comments on this blog, I would say that she’s somehow managed to meet every kind of person that could ever exist in existence. She always has a way of deflecting by pointing out a bunch of men she somehow came across (and probably fucked anyway) to prove men are also like that (MAALT). She gives no reasonable explanation, just a malicious and/or dissimulative deflection wrapped up in what seems to be a reasonable counter — but in this case her counter was shit.

• alan2102 says:

“when I see fat women demanding that society alter its beauty standards and find them attractive, that’s where I draw the line.”

It is not so much that they are *demanding* such a thing (though perhaps a few of the more aggressive and petulant ones are), but that they recognize that society’s “beauty standards” have been largely dictated by a perverted fashion/cosmetic/style cabal that foists its “ideals” on all of us with well-nigh-unlimited advertising budgets, in the face of well-nigh-zero budgets and support for alternative views and ideals.

“Just imagine if a bunch of shy, socially challenged, marginally employed, short bald men demanded that women find guys like them attractive.”

Here again, it is not so much that anyone is *demanding* such a thing, but some people (myself included) would suggest that women’s standards for male attractiveness are in an analogous position of having been conditioned by forced exposure over generations to images of a male ideal to which almost no real-life men can measure up (“up”).

In other words: can’t we all relax our (largely artificial, imposed-from-without) “standards” just a little, experience with fresh eyes (our OWN eyes, that is) the person in front of us, and decide for ourselves what we truly find attractive or not? Things would be a heck of a lot better if we could do this. I know I can do it; hence it is possible.

• Gay State Girl says:

Yes fat acceptance is an interesting juxtaposition in a society in which 35 year old professional women feel the need to get botox.

• alan2102 says:

“Americans are terrified of fatty foods; yet fatty foods are in many ways actually better for you when it comes to losing weight.”

Americans are not terrified of fatty foods. Across the whole population of the U.S., over the last 40 years, fat consumption has declined marginally (~3% of total energy intake, from a high baseline), while calorie intake has increased a great deal. Americans kept eating almost the same amount of fat, but added a bunch more calories as carbohydrate.

As for fatty foods being better for weight loss: that’s one way to go, and it works well for some people. The other way is fat restriction, and that works for some people, too.

Keep in mind that the populations with lowest BMIs are bigtime carb eaters, e.g. Asian populations with very high intake of refined rice, noodles, etc.

I used to be a low-carb proponent, but the facts finally forced me to change my view — not to the view that low-carb diets are useless, but that different diets are useful for different people, and broad generalizations are seldom wise. Other facts compelled me to realize that diet is only one factor in obesity and not necessarily the most important factor. Big subject, and this is not the place to hash it out. Thanks for reading.

@alan

Fair points. I myself am not a big fan of the dieting industry or similar “self-help” industries; I feel like they promote unrealistic expectations and don’t take into account human inequality.

In other words, I’ve grown very wary of this notion that anyone can succeed and magically transform themselves through hard work. Not everyone has the discipline and determination to overcome their quirks. Not everyone has the same level of talent, favorable personality traits, etc.

In fact, one thing I’ve noticed is that most people don’t really change all that much; they can modify specific behaviors and temper some of their more undesirable qualities – but absent extreme external stimuli, they don’t fundamentally change who they are.

I think one of the reasons why so many Americans are angry is because of the huge gap between expectations and reality. As Tony Soprano, that great paragon of virtue, once said (rough paraphrase), “only in America is there this expectation of happiness. But we’re not happy; that’s why we bitch and moan to a bunch of psychiatrists.”

I too long for the day when we can better measure people with our own eyes, and stop seeing everything through this market-obsessed neoliberal lens.

7. Gay State Girl says:

This is my family’s favorite.

• GOHDAN says:

What did you do while in the MRM, Gay State Girl? Did you just go around various forums shouting Not All Women Are Like That (NAWALT) or did you actually engage in some kind of productive conversation and/or debate to understand why men are so angry and annoyed with the way things are? Western civilization had so much potential after WW2, but for some reason you Whites mangaed to fuck it all up. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

8. mymanandme03 says:

I’m from Southeast Asia. We’re not ‘brutish’ nor uncivilised. Frequently, it’s the westerners who come to our countries and treat our people poorly due to a superiority complex like what is stated in the comments here.

Western expats disrespect our locals when they come over to our countries to work. They bulldoze over us to get their way and our voices aren’t heard.

However, I agree with what is said about the fat acceptance movement. I hope it doesn’t gain popularity here. Despite rising obesity rates worldwide, we’ve managed to keep the rates more manageable and lower because PC culture hasn’t yet been embraced where obesity is concerned. Good sense still prevails.

Peace.