The Radical Center

During my first interview with Robert Stark, Robert and I concurred that the best ideological platform would be an eclectic mix of Pat Buchanan and Ralph Nader’s beliefs. We further discussed this stance when hanging out in SF, and Robert even requested that I dedicate a post to this issue. On account of the presidential campaign heating up, I figure that now is as good a time as any to honor his request and expand on this topic.

The main reason why I find this presidential race exciting is because the beliefs espoused by both Pat Buchanan and Ralph Nader are enjoying a widespread hearing. Among the Democrats, an avowed democratic socialist Bernie Sanders is posing a real challenge to Hillary Clinton. A remnant of the old left – which was spearheaded by unions and economic progressives like Nader – an ascendant Sanders seeks to place economics at the forefront of political discourse. His primary focus on regular working people has provoked the ire of both #BlackLivesMatter activists and neoliberal open borders fanatics.

Speaking of neoliberals, while the Clintons cluelessly insist that they struggle just like everyone else – despite collecting millions in speaking fees from big corporations – Sanders possesses a certain verisimilitude; he strikes me as one of the few politicians who actually gives a crap about the plight of average Americans. Even though he won’t likely win, his candidacy is at least causing more people to privilege economic issues over SJW causes.

Among Republicans, such authenticity manifests itself in the form of Donald Trump’s insurgency. Unlike mainstream cuckservatives who refuse to aggressively take the fight to the left, Trump tells it like it is. Whether he’s aggressively denouncing illegal immigration, heaping obloquy on feckless American elites, condemning disastrous trade deals, or questioning this country’s absurd foreign policy, the spirit of Pat Buchanan is galvanizing growing numbers of white Americans.

Without trying to rain on the alt right’s parade, I’m certain that Trump won’t become president. Unless he can win the primary and then siphon off a huge chunk of white Democrats during the general election, a Democratic victory is a foregone conclusion. The venal and moronic Republicans refused to stymie the tide of immigration and preserve a solid white majority while they still had the chance. As they say, demography is destiny, and demographics are not in the Republicans’ favor.

Nevertheless, Trump’s rise is positive in terms of its cultural impact. Thanks to the Donald, nationalistic sentiment is being rendered less taboo. The fact that his popularity  only increased following his inflammatory comments on Mexicans and China is testament to the growth of a certain white consciousness. His success has likewise been a boon for the alternative right; it’s no coincidence that Donald Trump’s assault on Conservatism Inc coincides with the emergence of “cuckservative.

On the topic of the alt right, I would say that it embodies the best of Pat Buchanan while lacking the better qualities of Ralph Nader. One of my critiques of the alt right is that – exceptions such as Hunter Wallace and Matt Forney notwithstanding – they mostly neglect economic matters. I suspect that much of this can be chalked up to a generational divide; after all, it’s no coincidence that Wallace, Forney, and myself hail from a younger, more economically beleaguered generation than older WNs or alt righters such as Jared Taylor. As much as I respect these older intellectuals, it behooves them to address economic malaise if they wish to attract more young people to their movements. Just look at the popularity Bernie Sanders enjoys among white millennials. There’s no reason why the alt right couldn’t tap into this frustration and make inroads with whites who are economically anxious but also don’t think highly of SJWs.

Since I’m part of the alt right blogosphere, my criticism is meant to be purely constructive. On a fundamental level, the alt right is mostly correct. I simply believe that certain elements should scrap their obsession with the Joos, extirpate Ayn Randian sentiment, and branch out into other topics. I likewise feel that one shouldn’t have to rigidly adhere to ideological purity just to remain in the good graces of the movement.

As my friend Robert Lindsay pointed out during one of his interviews with Robert Stark, it is ridiculous to pigeonhole people as purely “liberal” or “conservative.” One could also add “white nationalist” and “paleoconservative” to the mix.

I think it’s fair to say that in some ways I’m a radical centrist. Of course, as Robert Stark told Robert Lindsay, being a centrist does not entail having no convictions and simply accommodating the status quo. For me, being a radical centrist means embracing the best aspects of myriad ideologies, and then using them to speak out against enemies of the West. I don’t have to conform to every alt right talking point in order to advocate for my people; I don’t have to subscribe to HBD to defend the legitimacy of my race. As much as I bash the left, I’ll use certain leftist arguments when need be – immigration being a perfect example.

In conclusion, I think that there’s much to be said for a radical centrism, and I can certainly understand why Robert Lindsay gets frustrated when people are so quick to attach simplistic ideological labels to others. It’s actually kind of sad that today’s left has grown so unhinged that people associate Robert with an “alternative left.” Without trying to reduce someone as complex as Robert to a single description, Robert represents the kind of sane, economic left that once existed throughout the first half of the 20th century. Since leftists like Robert are an endangered species, I get where he’s coming from when he insists that he’s politically homeless.

Even though I can relate to Robert’s angst, I’m very much grateful to be a part of the alt right. Even when certain commenters spew vitriol my way, I’m always happy whenever a certain article of mine provides value to the community.

At the end of the day, ideological purity should be discarded in favor of a radical, yet flexible, center. I’ll accept any and all truths that can be deployed in defense of our dying nations.

This entry was posted in conservative values, Economics, Immigration, Race, Western Values, White nationalism and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Radical Center

1. Ezra Pound's Ghost says:

Yeah, the New Right needs to shut up about the Jews already. These crazy losers who obsess about the Jews are stupid jackasses – as if the Jews had anything to do with what is happening to white people. Crazy! Jews are white people too. Actually, there’s no such thing as a Jew anyway. They don’t even exist as far as white nationalism should be concerned. These WNs who talk about Jews should probably be medicated or given shock treatments or something.

Thing is, I don’t completely deny the relevance of the Jewish Question. I recognize that certain Jewish activists have had a deleterious impact on the West.

That being said, blaming Jews is a cop-out. My take is that the West was already fundamentally liberal, and that courtesy of WWII and its aftermath, the ball was already rolling in the direction of modern liberalism.

Jews just gave the ball a little extra push.

Likewise, one can’t assert that whites are an amazing and superior race, and yet then turn around and claim that a tiny cabal of Jews managed to destroy the entire white West.

I don’t have any problem with the JQ; I just like that many in the alt right spend an inordinate amount of time bashing Jews. Ditto for blacks.

2. Dutchman says:

I agree. This Left/Right dichotomy is completely unrepresentative of the vast majority of people and only serves to divide us, much to the benefit of the elites. We need a political movement that transcends these traditional categories. One of the problems is that the cultural divide between the kind of people who are attracted to a candidate like Pat Buchanan and the people who like Ralph Nader is pretty large. A populist that can appeal to both these groups is a tall order. I’m not sure there is still a sufficient sense of commonality in the U.S. for such a thing to be possible.

A populist that can appeal to both these groups is a tall order.

Didn’t used to be such a tall order back in the day – especially during the early 20th century. Take famous Bay Area writing legend Jack London, for example. He was both a passionate socialist and psychotic racist (and believe me, I don’t use the term “racist” lightly). He was a populist who also advocated genocide against the Chinese. Despite his extremism, his views were not that fundamentally different from many other members of the old left.

Many members of the old left were pro-worker, but mainly pro-white worker.

It’s not my intention to impugn Ralph Nader or Pat Buchanan by associating them with Jack London’s extreme views. Rather, the point is that if you play your cards right, you can appeal to a variety of different groups.

Heck, just look at how the AKP in Turkey successfully combines both nationalism and populism.

• Dutchman says:

That was then. I certainly can’t imagine a candidate that could have this appeal to both groups today. Even if that were possible, the demographics of America today are significantly different than in Jack London’s time and make it even more difficult to have this broad appeal necessary to win a national election.

3. Acartia says:

Among the Democrats, an avowed democratic socialist Bernie Sanders is posing a real challenge to Hillary Clinton.”

You must have a different definition of “challenge” than I do. Current polls have Clinton at 62% and Sanders at 31%

Yes, Hillary Clinton is still winning. However, given that pundits expected Clinton to easily cruise to the Democratic nomination, I think it’s safe to say that Bernie Sanders has at least ensured that Clinton will have to put in some effort. I even read a recent article showing that Clinton’s support among women has plummeted.

Let’s also keep in mind that Clinton was the solid favorite to win in the 2007-2008 election, and we all know how that turned out. Granted, Obama was a good corporate shill and also enjoyed appeal on account of his race and youth, which Sanders lacks.

That being said, it’s still too early to declare Hillary a victor just yet; a lot can happen in a few months.

4. Pingback: The Radical Center « Attack the System

5. ggary says:

Perhaps we are seeing a bit of the bay area drive its creepy tendrils into your character? I only recently moved here and people here seem convinced that whites are a statistically significant non-entity – a decision they make with no attempt at consulting the statistics themselves.

This sort of doom and gloom speech (as well as this surprising susceptibility to media frenzy evidenced by the sudden and great significance granted to voting) is very unbecoming.

6. Pingback: Robert Stark interviews Anatoly Karlin « Attack the System

7. Pingback: Anatoly Karlin Discuses My Ideas on Robert Stark’s Show | Beyond Highbrow - Robert Lindsay

8. Pingback: Robert Stark interviews Bay Area Guy about the Radical Center | Beyond Highbrow - Robert Lindsay

9. Political Quiz I took:

Candidates you side with…
    75% Bernie Sanders
    Bernie Sanders Democratic
    on economic, domestic policy, environmental, healthcare, education, and science issues.
    71% Donald Trump
    Donald Trump Republican
    on immigration, social, education, and electoral issues.
    71% Hillary Clinton
    Hillary Clinton Democratic
    on economic, domestic policy, environmental, healthcare, and science issues.
    65% Ted Cruz
    Ted Cruz Republican
    on immigration, social, science, education, and electoral issues.
    65% Rand Paul
    Rand Paul Republican
    on foreign policy, immigration, education, science, and electoral issues.
    63% Ben Carson
    Ben Carson Republican
    on immigration, social, education, science, and electoral issues.
    63% Mike Huckabee
    Mike Huckabee Republican
    on domestic policy, healthcare, education, science, and electoral issues.
    56% Marco Rubio
    Marco Rubio Republican
    on immigration, social, education, science, and electoral issues.
    53% Rick Santorum
    Rick Santorum Republican
    on immigration and education issues.
    51% Martin O’Malley
    Martin O’Malley Democratic
    on healthcare and science issues.
    43% Carly Fiorina
    Carly Fiorina Republican
    on immigration, education, and electoral issues.
    31% Jim Webb
    Jim Webb Independent
    no major issues.
    30% Chris Christie
    Chris Christie Republican
    on healthcare, education, and electoral issues.
    28% John Kasich
    John Kasich Republican
    on healthcare and science issues.
    24% Jeb Bush
    Jeb Bush Republican
    on healthcare, science, and education issues.
    24% Lindsey Graham
    Lindsey Graham Republican
    on education and electoral issues.
    Your ideology…
    Centrist
    Your political beliefs would be considered Centrist on an ideological scale.

10. Pingback: Robert Stark interviews Bay Area Guys about the case for Economic Populism « Attack the System

11. Pingback: Robert Stark talks about his trip to the San Francisco Bay Area - The Stark Truth With Robert Stark