Hong Kong Shitlords Fat Shame Oppressed Woman!

I found this amusing story from Hong Kong that I thought I’d share with you all. Just like multiculturalism and feminism, fat acceptance doesn’t seem to fly in Asia. Of course, I don’t endorse authorities randomly detaining fat women; nevertheless, this incident illustrates the chasm separating Western and Asian sensibilities. In East Asia, the evil machinations of fatphobia resulted in officials merely claiming that there was a miscommunication. The process only took 7 minutes, and there was no need for sensitivity training or soul-searching. There were no Lindy West’s penning editorials decrying thin privilege.

Kind of reminds you of what sane societies untainted by the cancer known as the New Left look like. Not that East Asia doesn’t have its own pathologies, but it still makes you think.

In the meantime, I’m going to eat some high-carb popcorn and enjoy the freak show that is modern America.

This entry was posted in Asia, China, Cultural Marxism, Humor and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Hong Kong Shitlords Fat Shame Oppressed Woman!

1. Beatrix says:

Oh, ok.
    So the border guards stopped an old fat ‘mainlander’ lady because they thought she was pregnant & going to drop her ‘anchor baby’ in Hong Kong.
    Not really seeing any ‘fat shaming’ going on here.
    But anywho….
    Imagine if US border guards stopped ‘pregnant looking’ Latinas from crossing the Mexican border to prevent possible ‘anchor babies’?
    Now that would lead to ‘shitstorm muy grande.’

Yeah, this incident says more about the tense relations between Hong Kong and the Mainland than any fat shaming. Still, the fact that a fat woman was presumed pregnant could be considered fat shaming of sorts.

But yeah, if something like this were to transpire in a majority white country, all hell would break loose.

2. Beatrix says:

“Still, the fact that a fat woman was presumed pregnant could be considered fat shaming of sorts.”
    Well, I got a taste of ‘fat shaming’ when I was pregnant.
    I didn’t really need to be told how HUGE I was by strangers & relatives alike.
    My eyesight did not go bad as my pregnancy progressed, I was COMPLETELY aware of my tits being the size of watermelons, my ankles swelled to cankles, & my formerly flat tummy turned to what looked to be a ‘beer belly’.
    I WAS ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE as I waddled along & assholes making ‘fat shaming’ comments only made me even more miserable. I recall one jerk came up to me & pointed at my stomach & said “GROSS!”
    So unless you can-
    A- prove to me that ‘fat shaming’ has any positive effects on the person being shamed
    and
    B- be certain the the person being ‘fat shamed’ doesn’t have any other health issues going on that predispose them to presenting a ‘fat’ appearance
    Then I’d suggest you STFU & keep your ‘fat shaming’ & “body shaming’ comments to yourself.
    Perhaps that’s an opinion on the subject you hadn’t thought of?
    ‘nuf said.

Beatrix, while you have made valuable contributions in the past, that does not justify violating the comments policy. I am therefore issuing a warning for hostile tone.

Just so you know, I dedicate very few of my posts to fat shaming or anything of the sort. I simply found an amusing headline and decided to briefly analyze it. I likewise do not condone people who behaved that way towards you. As much as I’m appalled by the obesity epidemic, I do not go out of my way to be an asshole towards fat people. In one of my old posts, I even argued that those upset by the fatty boom should direct their ire towards the greedy food corporations that make so many people fat.

At the same time, let’s be real here: fat shaming only becomes a crime against humanity when it’s directed towards women. You’d have no problem if I was ridiculing fat men. Men get fat shamed all the damn time, and I’ve seen numerous fat guys get mercilessly mocked for their weight. Pop culture is also rife with fat jokes made at men’s expense. Homer Simpson is just the tip of a very large (no pun intended) iceberg.

The difference is that fat men don’t get to melt down and complain about being fat shamed and how miserable it makes them feel. Well, at least not without people of all sexes telling them to stop being lazy slobs and hit the gym.

I also can’t allow this statement of yours to go unchallenged:

Sure, some people have genetics that predispose them to be fat. At the same time, the American obesity epidemic has developed within the span of a few decades. That’s not nearly enough time for human genes to evolve. Genes certainly can’t account for most obesity cases.

In conclusion, while I spend very little time ridiculing obese women, I do not grant them a pussy pass either. I would also suggest treading more lightly when criticizing my arguments.

• Matthew says:

I dont find offensive in the headline BAG. Its relevant in the age of crazy norms like fat acceptance and all other pro-fat nonsense. And not to forget that feminazis moto in general is to find faults and to justify their insanity. Even Robert Lindsay banned her sometimes back for a being pretty hostile towards him

BAG wasn’t endorsing fat shaming, he was merely taking a shot at social justice retards like Lindy West.

Precisely. Mocking fatties was not my primary intent. This brief post builds on a recurring theme of our blog: the notion that modern Western liberalism is globally deviant. I highlight international events such as these as a means of illustrating just how bizarre SJWs are, and how they’re actually the true global minority.

• GulliverFredrich says:

Hey BAG!

I found this on the internet! What do you think about stuff like this lol?

I found it entertaining, and wasn’t offended at all. Even if I vehemently disagree, I always find it edifying to hear other perspectives.

One part that I did find interesting was the stereotype that whites are all about community. If anything, I always thought that Asians stereotyped whites as a bunch of rootless, atomized individuals who don’t care about their families or communities. I also disagreed with the part about how whites can easily get out of speeding tickets and the like. Last time I checked, Asians don’t get routinely harassed by the police. All the Asians I’ve known have either never been pulled over or were able to get off with warnings. I do find it silly whenever Asian Americans try to play the oppression olympics (not that those guys were really serious).

Definitely agree about the vegan part. I would have also added “gender identity.” You only really see affluent white people identifying as vegan, “sapiosexual,” or other bizarre identities.

All in all, the video was really just a combination of Stuff White People Like and the ugly, materialistic American stereotypes. Nothing new here.

• GulliverFredrich says:

The funny thing is that “white guy” in the video did not look completely “White”. LoL what do people these days think “White people” look like?

I personally never fat shame and generally refrain from making fat jokes despite being perceived as an all around jerk in real life – by my friends at that. I have actually witnessed the effectiveness of fat shaming but that’s anecdotal evidence so I’ll spare you the details. Needless to say, I’m sure the vast majority of fat people feel terrible about themselves and needn’t be reminded and hounded.

That being said, the leftists are basically trying to normalize obesity and move the goal posts on beauty. I’m not down with that. I believe people should be held up to standards, a sentiment that the left obviously does not share. The left’s position is morally bankrupt and the manosphere’s position is unnecessarily hurtful. I choose the middle path: I’ll never fat shame women, but don’t expect me to consider them attractive either.

Genetics and medical conditions aside, obesity is a product of lifestyle, which is within the control of individuals.

3. Raven says:

A Poor attempt to invoke fun of fatsos. Lol!!! These conservative assoles are amusing

4. Beatrix says:

“At the same time, let’s be real here: fat shaming only becomes a crime against humanity when it’s directed towards women. You’d have no problem if I was ridiculing fat men.”
    Please do not attack me by telling me what you think my ‘problem’ & opinions are.
    (If that seemed hostile it wasn’t meant to be, I am simply a rather blunt & pragmatic person.)
    I would have a problem with you or anybody ridiculing fat men.
    I have seen fat men & boys in tears over being ridiculed & humiliated about their weight.
    My point was the same as Dota’s-
    “I’m sure the vast majority of fat people feel terrible about themselves and needn’t be reminded and hounded.”
    As far as this goes-
    “At the same time, the American obesity epidemic has developed within the span of a few decades. That’s not nearly enough time for human genes to evolve. Genes certainly can’t account for most obesity cases.”
    I didn’t say ‘genetics’ was accountable for the American obesity epidemic. And I don’t agree with Dota that obesity is just a ‘product of lifestyle’.
    The truth is we are finding many causes of obesity -PCOS, Cushing’s syndrome, certain antidepressants, antihistamines, antischizophrenics, antipsychotics, antihypertensives, exogenous estrogens, antidiabetic meds, hypothroidism, insulin resistance, the list goes on……
    And for some reason Americans overly focus on ‘diets’ despite overwhelming evidence that diets don’t work. Why do people keep doing things that don’t work? I don’t get it.
    Anyway….
    All studies are pointing at CARBOHYDRATES as being SATAN now so hopefully rather than the ‘diets’ that don’t work Americans will switch to a ‘style’ of eating where carbs are minimized. There is absolutely NO need for sugar in humans WHATSOEVER. Although Americans being what they are you just know someone is going to eat 6 sticks of butter a day & wonder why they don’t loose weight.
    I do think that the world is having an ‘inactivity epidemic’ which contributes to obesity. This is another situation where people are overly focused on diet & neglect to exercise. Except for perhaps ‘starvation’ rations no dietary changes will result in weight loss if you sit on your butt for the majority of your day.
    Afflictions such as asthma are another example of how a disease can predispose one to obesity- Exercising when you can breathe properly is miserable. I’m sure you’re aware of the recent of Americans suffering asthma?
    As far as Lindy West/leftists/feminists/whatever pushing “fat acceptance” goes – they aren’t having much sway over women or men. Pick up any fashion magazine catering to women & you will RARELY if ever see ANY obese persons portrayed in a positive light. In fact I’ve seen quite a bit of fat shaming in Elle, Vogue, & Cosmo when I read them at the salon.
    Now if all that was too ‘hostile’ for you then by all means ban me.
    I do have a manner can tend to make people feel stupid & or pissed off, & I’m not always aware of it.
    I’m an INTJ & so was my Dad (who was highly influential in the development of my ‘manner’, said it was ‘leadership skills’).
    I wasn’t aware that Lindsay banned me. I know he threatened to -but people complained & so he retracted it or something. Anyway he certainly did not tell me about it.
    As you may have noticed we have had a major earthquake here in Nepal.
    I’m an attending at the local teaching hospital waiting for the next batch of ‘incoming’ arriving by helicopter.
    Dear Allah, I hate crush injuries.
    Toodle pip!

Get rid of excess carbs and sugar, and the obesity epidemic would come to an end within the span of a generation. All this time Americans were worried about fatty foods while ignoring the carbs and sugar in their midst.

I chalk up the obesity crisis to good ol’ fashioned American ignorance as much as anything else. The U.S’s stressful lifestyle compared to other 1st world Western countries doesn’t help much either.

While thin is still in, I am beginning to notice certain changes take place within the realm of pop culture. Meghan Trainor’s chubby girl anthem “All About That Bass” has been prominently featured on various radio stations. Films such as “Shallow Hal” and prominent figures such as Dr. Oz (who recently quarreled with Roosh V) also promote fat acceptance.

My stance is simple: Fat women who are simply going about their lives should be left in peace and not made to endure humiliation. I do believe that the ROK crowd goes way too far. At the same time, fat women and feminists can’t tell men what they can or can’t find attractive, or shame men for being “shallow” if they prefer thin women. I can only imagine how women would react if men told them they’re shallow for not finding shy, socially awkward, unemployed guys attractive.

And no, your latest response does not qualify as hostile. To be perfectly honest, it was your STFU remark that prompted the warning. Otherwise you would have been fine.

• No, I definitely banned you, Beatrix.

But there was a significant amount of outrage over it from commenters that I was asked to take it back. The commenters were wrong, and you totally deserved it. I really don’t want to offend commenters too much because it doesn’t work, and soon no one is commenting on the site anymore. That is why I do not ban much other than for attacks on me.

You did not appeal the ban, but I reinstated you anyway because commenters were mad.

Although you are reinstated, you are definitely on probation. All of your comments go to moderation, and quite a few of them never make it out of moderation because you haven’t stopped violating hostile tone, etc.

Every now and then you say something non-insulting for some odd reason, so I let it post. I am trying to figure out what to do with you. You haven’t exactly changed your behavior. I am honestly considering a permaban. but if it happens, I suppose I will let you know by email instead of riling up commenters again.

5. Beatrix says:

Correction-
    Exercising when you can not breathe properly is miserable. I’m sure you’re aware of the recent of epidemic of Americans suffering asthma?

6. Pingback: The Latest Dumb Idea from the Cultural Left | Beyond Highbrow - Robert Lindsay