My co-blogger Dota has already covered the elements of George Zimmerman’s trial, including the much neglected gender angle. I’m not interested so much in the facts that led up to Trayvon Martin’s killing, nor am I particularly interested in how the trial played out.

Rather, the reactions of various liberals have been quite revealing. Outrage over the George Zimmerman verdict has sparked numerous protests throughout the U.S, including my native Bay Area. I can understand blacks protesting and displaying outrage over one of their own getting gunned down, without any justice to compensate.

However, what I find interesting are all the white liberals and leftists who are shaking their fists in outrage. Some of my friends on facebook have changed their profile pictures to the color black to demonstrate solidarity with Trayvon Martin. The creator of the popular HBO series “The Wire,” David Simon, has even gone so far as to declare that he’s “ashamed to be an American” on account of this verdict.

To these outraged cultural liberals, I guess I have one question: Where the hell have you been all this time?

Why were you not ashamed to be an American following the NSA wiretapping revelations?  Former president Jimmy Carter, an older liberal, has even gone so far as to assert that the United States has no functioning democracy today. However, today’s liberals don’t seem to particularly care about this severe infringement upon civil liberties. Black female MSNBC television host Melissa Harris-Perry, who’s very leftist on all other issues, denounced Edward Snowden. Accusing him of creating drama and telling him to come home and face his punishment, her crocodile tears over the violation of constitutional rights should fool no one.

In my previous post on cultural Marxism, I pointed out that the left has all but completely abandoned the struggle for economic justice, opting instead to embrace various cultural pet causes. I would add that they care increasingly little for due process and privacy, happily willing to go along with the transition of the U.S. into a police state. Well, so long as a charismatic black guy and Democrat who repealed Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is behind it.

Therefore, whenever you encounter leftists who like to flex their muscles over their enlightened, hipster support for gay marriage or Trayvon Martin, but who could care less about the growing authoritarian nature of our society, don’t let them get away with their pretensions. The modern day liberal and cultural leftist is a coward whose “activism” revolves around little more than pumping their fists for whatever trendy fad that exists at the time.

For all that they like to bare their fangs, know that the modern day cultural left is a paper tiger, ready to collapse when forced to contend with a composed traditional conservative who’s not afraid to point out that the emperor has no clothes.

This entry was posted in conservative values, Cultural Marxism, Subversion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Selective Outrage and Leftist Pet Causes: My Thoughts on the George Zimmerman Fallout

1. Quartermain says:

Excellent posts with many good points.

Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Thank you!

Hope you continue to comment.

• Quartermain says:

The modern left cut it’s throat when they abandoned the bread and butter issues, for enforced orthodoxy, the reality deficient Political Correctness.

The ones who made it fun like the irreverent, independent thinking and iconoclastic folks like me & some of friends got turned off with no other choice but walk away.

Nowadays, I guess I’m a political renegade. The establishment likes to divide and corral their opposition into opposing camps.

I doubt the powers that be, take the terms conservative and liberal seriously, so should we?

Yup, that’s what I argued in my post on cultural marxism.

They could care less about workers’ rights and wages (except for illegals from south of the border), anti-imperialism, or civil liberties.

To be a leftist is to care about whether or not someone doesn’t like gay marriage.

Sad but true.

2. Quartermain says:

The modern day leftist is not much different from the self righteous Abolitionists who had not a care for the under paid workers in the factories, sweat shops, or mines in their own backyards. Reverand Ward Beecher, brother of Harriet Beecher Stowe didn’t give a rip. I believe Charles Dickens called that sort of thing “telescopic philanthropy”.

3. Shawn says:

I just made this comment on Dota’s post on the same topic (copied here for the benefit of readers):

Do you think someone should wait until they’re almost dead before he/she should use deadly force? Zimmerman, at least to me, did not look very athletic, and it was clear that Martin was clearly getting the best of him. When a stranger,, at night, is beating on you and your head is hitting the concrete you could die at any time, or worse, suffer severe brain damage. To me this seems like a classic case of self-defense.

4. Shawn says:

I forgot to add that I believe that Zimmerman probably racially profiled Martin. But doing so does not mean he loses his right to self-defense.